40 The Lorax Quotes to Make You Think

These Lorax quotes will remind you that positive change can only happen when we finally begin to care enough.

If you’re unfamiliar with the book, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, it’s a book that showcases the manmade harm done to the environment in a somewhat whimsical way.

While the book addresses the harsh realities of the damage that business structure and the way humans live is draining on our natural resources and the environment as a whole, Dr. Seuss shares the message through his creative characters and storytelling.

The childlike way in which the message is shared has helped it to be spread by many and used in schools to teach children the importance of caring for the world around us.

Don’t forget to also check out these Dr. Seuss quotes on happiness, gratitude and Success.

The Lorax quotes to inspire you

1. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” – The Once-ler

2. “A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.” – The Lorax

3. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax

4. “I speak for the trees! Let them grow! Let them grow!” – The Lorax

5. “I meant no harm. I most truly did not. But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got.” – The Lorax

The Lorax quotes about trees

6. “What I want more than anything in the whole world is to see a real living tree, growing in my backyard.” – Audrey

7. “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax

8. “I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please!” – The Lorax

9. “Come on Ted, dance with the tree!” – Ted’s Mom

10. “This tree comes in all four seasons. Winter, summer, fall, and… disco!!” – Ted’s Mom

11. “Did you chop down this tree?” – The Lorax

12. “Those are trees. Real ones. They used to grow all around here. And people said that the touch of their tufts was softer than anything, even silk. And they smelled like butterfly milk.” – Audrey

13. “Did you chop down this tree?” – The Lorax

14. “Look, everyone here needs trees and you’re chopping them down! So, we’ve got a big problem.” – The Lorax

15. “She is not some girl, she’s a woman. In high school. And she loves trees. And I’m gonna get her one.” – Ted

The Lorax quotes that will make you laugh

16. “’Cause when a guy does something stupid once, well that’s because he’s a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that’s usually to impress some girl.” – The Once-ler

17. “Who invited the giant, furry peanut?” – Aunt Grizelda

18. “You callin’ me a peanut, huh? I’ll go right up your nose!” – The Lorax

19. “I’m playing poker, he’s playing goldfish, and I think he’s hungry.” – The Lorax

20. “I’m Frankenstein’s head on a spider’s body!” – O’Hare

The Lorax Quotes that are intriguing

21. “You have been warned!” – The Lorax

22. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” – The Once-ler

23. “Oh! How nice to see someone so…undisturbed by…REALITY.” – The Once-ler

24. “That’s not just a seed any more than you’re not just a boy.” – The Once-ler

25. “That’s it. The very last one. That may stop you.” – The Lorax

More The Lorax quotes

26. “Breakfast is overrated.” – The Lorax

27. “Now that’s a thneed! Nothing unmanly about knitting. No sir!” – The Once-ler

28. “Leave! Vacate the premises! Take your axe and get out!” – The Lorax

29. “I could just kiss you right now!” – Audrey

30. “I’m going to eat this, but I’m highly offended by it.” – The Lorax

More interesting The Lorax quotes

31. “Business is business! And business must grow regardless of crummies in tummies, you know.” – The Once-ler

32. “‘I’m busy,’ I told him. ‘Shut up, if you please.’ I rushed ‘cross the room, and in no time at all, built a radiophone.” – The Once-ler

33. “Where will they go? I don’t hopefully know. They may have to fly for a month—or a year—to escape from the smog you’ve smogged up around here.” – The Lorax

34. “I’m biggering my company, I’m biggering my factory, I’m biggering my corporate sign! Everybody out there take care of yours, and me? I’ll take care of mine mine mine mine mine!” – The Once-ler

35. “Then he pulls up the pail, makes a most careful count to see if you’ve paid him the proper amount.” – The Once-ler

36. “‘Catch!’ calls The Once-ler. He lets something fall. It’s a Truffula seed. It’s the last one of all! You’re in charge of the last of the Truffula seeds. And Truffula trees are what everyone needs.” – The Lorax

37. “The Lorax said nothing. Just gave me a glance—just gave me a very sad, sad backward glance—as he lifted himself by the seat of his pants.” – The Once-ler

38. “He’ll tell you, perhaps, if you’re willing to pay.” – The Lorax

39. “I felt a great leaping of joy in my heart.” – The Lorax

40. “Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack. Then The Lorax and all of his friends may come back.” – The Once-ler

Which of these Lorax quotes is your favorite?

It’s easy to start going through our busy days without thinking much about the impact that our actions are having on the world around us. Just like what happened in the story.

But after the last tree was cut down and the natural resources were used up, the character in the book was forced to think about what happened. This was when the message from the Lorax came through and he finally understood that positive change would only happen when he finally began to care enough.

Read the book or watch the movie, and get motivated to look at what changes you can make in your daily life to care for the natural environment around you.

What’s your biggest takeaway from these Lorax quotes and lines? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

50 David Goggins Quotes to Help You Overcome Any Situation (2021)

50 Scent of a Woman Quotes That’ll Touch Your Heart (2022)

60 Grant Cardone Quotes to Spark Success in Your Life (2021)